OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information Aspire Brands International (known here as "we" or "Aspire") collects about you, and how we use it.
We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
1. Purchase products from us, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil both our and the distribution partners obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where permitted, keep you up to date about other events, news, information, offers and discounts that may be of interest to you
3. When you sign up for our mailing list to receive the latest news, information and updates. Upon opting in - in compliance with EUGDPR regulations, your information will be used to help us and partners to provide you with information, offers and news that we deem relevant to you.
4. Entering our competitions, when you enter any of our competitions either online or at an event, the information you provide us with will be used to contact you regarding the outcome and winnings plus any marketing communications that you opt-in to receive from us.
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
Click on each link for more information, or scroll down to read the full policy.
What information we have and where we collect it from.
We collect and store different types of information about you when you make a purchase, sign up for our online marketing communications, enter our competitions, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
We will always ask you for your consent to use your data - via a double opt in process in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation
How we use your information.
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as fulfilling delivery of online orders, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
Who we share information with.
We may share your information with a number of our partner(s). Your information may be exchanged freely between Aspire Brands International and parent company Aspire brands Incorporated. We may also share data with third parties used to fulfil our obligations and services to you - Mailchimp
By agreeing to be contacted by us with marketing communications, your data will be stored and shared securely with Mailchimp
Data shared through online purchases of our products through Aspire web domains will be shared with and stored by Ecwid - note that Ecwid will only use your information in the ineterests of fulfilling your purchases.
Your choices and rights.
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you upon request.
You have the right to unsubscribe from our marketing communications received via email at any time. All Aspire marketing communications via our mailing list will contain an 'unsubscribe' button
You have the right to contact us and request your data be removed from our records.
Refer to our contact details to request action regarding your information.
How we look after your information.
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
Questions and feedback.
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
- When you make a purchase via Aspire's online shop, we will collect your information which - depending on service we are providing, may include your contact and billing information.
- When you use our websites or apps, we collect information such as the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you. Individual social networks have their own set of privacy policies which you can consult to check the specific categories of information that are shared with us
- When you enter a competition that requires you to provide us with your personal information and other data, we will use your information to contact you and fulfill any winnings. This may include your name, contact info including email address and other information deemed relevant by Aspire.
- When you complete a survey that we issue online or in person, we will use your answers to improve your experience of our products and services. If you opt in to receive marketing communications from us then we will use your information to deliver this to you. This may include your name, contact information including email address, your opinions and answers to survey questions and other information deemed relevant by Aspire.
How We Use Your Information & Why
1. For the performance of our contract with you We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to order products or receive marketing communications) so we can:
- Process your order
- Take payment, and
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with important information regarding the contract.
2. For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section 3 below).
- To send you customer service emails including order confirmation and reminders
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law.
- To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you register an interest in certain products or retailers and have consented to receive our marketing communications, we will inform you about offers, events and products we think you might be interested in.
Where you’ve given your consent
Aspire will ask for clear and affirmative consent to use your information via a double opt-in process. You may withdraw this consent at any time - see 'your rights'. We will always use clear and unambiguous language to tell you what you are consenting to and will not use pre-ticked boxes or other passive forms of gathering consent.
We will always keep a record of where you've given consent including the date, time and format through which you have provided consent.
Different purposes for which we ask for consent include:
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our products, offers, news or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
- To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
Who We Share Your Data With & Why
- Within the Aspire Brands family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical support. Your personal information will be exchanged freely between Aspire Brands International and Aspire Brands Incorporated.
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing and email marketing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our online platforms and systems are built. This allows us to store your data safely fulfil our services to you with minimal transfer of data.
- We may share your information with our Distributors and delivery providers so that they can deliver their services and for other reasons stated in their specific privacy policies.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our business.
Your Choices & Rights
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following.
To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences within your account, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including: The right to object to our processing of your data.
The right to request that your information is erased or restricted from further use.
The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made. To exercise any of the above rights please request using our contact form
Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
Looking After Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you with a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally.
When transferring information in this way, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. Where your information is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will use one of the mechanisms listed below.
Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
EU-US Privacy Shield
Binding Corporate Rules
Binding Corporate Processor Rules
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Data Protection Officer, is here to help.Contact us
for further information